This program is currently closed, as the funds for the AIME Global Program are fully subscribed.
Thank you for your interest. Stay tuned as we work diligently at achieving funding for this program. We are keeping a waiting list against the possibility of additional funding and encourage you to submit your Preliminary application accompanying the Financial Spreadsheet to request a spot on this list.
The Yves Landry Foundation has established the AIME (Achieving Innovation and Manufacturing Excellence) Global initiative, offering manufacturers in south, central and eastern Ontario up to $50,000 to offset the costs of training expenses related to supporting innovation and achieving a competitive advantage.
This popular program has been generously re-invested in by the Government of Canada, Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario, through the Investing in Business Growth and Productivity Initiative.
The AIME Global program supports southern Ontario manufacturers to undertake training or skills-upgrading activities which will support innovation at the manufacturing facilities. Supportable projects may include developing new engineering skills, training in the use of new software, hardware or other tools necessary to support innovation; and training to adopt and adapt new technologies, new manufacturing methods or any other area of business that will make a southern Ontario manufacturing company more competitive in the global market place. All initiatives must support innovation which will lead to new global export opportunities or create new global markets.
First time applicants whom have never received AIME funding from us in the past, may be eligible for up to a maximum of $50,000 with 50% shared costs. New, this year, manufacturers who have received funding from us in the past, but more than 24 months ago, may be eligible for a second tier of funding; these second generation applications may be eligible for up to $50,000 with a shared contribution up to 25%. In other words, the company must demonstrate 75% of the costs, with a 25% contribution from YLF up to $50,000.
The AIME Global initiative will support two types of eligible training activities:
- Training that supports the adaption of new technology, new processes or procedures or a change within the company to support innovation. This training must clearly be linked to innovations leading to global competitiveness including expanding into new domestic or international markets; and
- Training that supports and develops highly skilled personnel in any area that leads to innovation. This can include the development of new engineering skills; training in the use of new software, hardware or other tools necessary to support innovation; and adopting and adapting new technologies, new manufacturing methods or any other business area that will make a southern Ontario manufacturing company more competitive in the global market place. Being able to clearly link your project to global competitiveness is essential.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Have between 10-1000 employees in southern Ontario;
- Have been continuously in business for at least three years (3 years);
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid financial footing over the three year period;
- Manufacturing facility or facilities in Southern Ontario (see map);
- Manufacture a specific product for sale in Ontario or elsewhere.
We have upgraded our systems to now offer an online application. You will be required to set up a profile; the application will be available to you inside the profile account.
If you have applied before and are now applying again, you will notice that the level of detail now required is considerably more, than in past programs. This is due to new requirements by the federal government for reporting and tracking purposes. Please be patient.
Our Program Coordinator will be in touch with you once your application has been received.
To apply for the AIME Global program please click this link to navigate to our Online Application Portal: