The 1951 Ford Pickup arriving at Corpus Christi Catholic Secondary School in 2016
The 1951 Ford F100 Pickup was purchased by the Foundation on November 27, 2015. This red, 8 cylinder truck with 54,307 original miles was purchased from a gentleman from Scugog, Ontario.
The first stop on the Pickup’s restoration journey was Corpus Christi Catholic Secondary School in Burlington, Ontario. Mr. Gabe Goulart and his students began the restoration process and did extensive disassembly and fabrication work on the pickup. Students from Grades 9 through 12 worked on the pickup over the two years.
In September of 2018 the F100 was passed along to Ogwehoweh Skills and Trades Training Centre, in Ohsweken Ontario. The members of the Ohsweken Six Nations were keen to enter into a collaborative partnership and use the vehicle as part of the applied learning in a job readiness program for 2nd career retrainees who are looking to find employment in the skilled trades.
641 total views, 2 views today