The Yves Landry Foundation is very pleased to establish our newest AIME (Achieving Innovation and Manufacturing Excellence) program called AIME@Home. This new program, which is now open for applications, has been established to directly respond to impacts on manufacturing SME’s resulting from the Covid 19 pandemic by increasing the short-term workforce and longer-term competitiveness of established southern Ontario manufacturers and by supporting remote/distance training activities for SME’s who are shut down, or partially shut down. This program is offering manufacturers in south, central and eastern Ontario up to $100,000 to offset the costs of training expenses related to supporting innovation and achieving a competitive advantage as we look to strengthen Canada’s domestic manufacturing capacity. This program is supporting Made in Canada, For Canada.
This popular program has been generously supported by the Government of Canada, Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario, through the Investing in Business Growth and Productivity Initiative.
The AIME@Home program supports southern Ontario manufacturers to undertake training or skills-upgrading activities which will support innovation at the manufacturing facilities.
The AIME@Home program will support two types of eligible training activities for southern Ontario manufacturers impacted by Covid 19.
1. Training that supports the adaptation of new technology, new processes or procedures or a change within the company to support innovation or retooling which would lead to the creation of new lines of production. This training must clearly be linked to innovations leading to domestic supply chain enhancements or competitiveness, including expanding into new or enhanced domestic markets.
2. Training that supports and develops highly skilled personnel in any area that leads to innovation or productivity improvements or skilling up to respond to current or emerging pandemic needs. This can include the development of new engineering skills; training in the use of new software, hardware or other tools necessary to support innovation; and adopting and adapting new technologies, new manufacturing methods or any other business area that will make a southern Ontario manufacturing company more competitive in the domestic or global marketplace.
First time applicants who have never received AIME funding from us in the past may be eligible for up to a maximum of $100,000 with 50% shared costs.
Manufacturers who have received funding from us in the past, but more than 24 months ago, may be eligible for a second tier of funding; these second-generation applications may be eligible for up to $100,000 with a shared contribution up to 25%. In other words, the company must demonstrate 75% of the costs, with a 25% contribution from YLF up to $100,000.
New to this program – Manufacturers who have received previous funding from us within the last 24 months may be eligible for a second tier of funding; these second generation applications may be eligible for a “top up” to $100,000 (combined AIME @ Home and AIME Global 3) with a shared contribution up to 25%. In other words, the company must demonstrate 75% of the costs, with a 25% contribution from YLF up to a combined total of $100,000.
***The maximum non-repayable contribution per company, over multiple projects and under the AIME Global 3.0 and AIME@HOME programs will be limited to a combined maximum of $100,000.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Have between 10-1000 employees in southern Ontario;
- Have been continuously in business for at least three years (3 years);
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid financial footing over the three year period;
- Manufacturing facility or facilities in Southern Ontario (see map);
- Manufacture a specific product for sale in Ontario or elsewhere.
- Demonstrate they are engaged in interprovincial or international market or due to urgent demands to retool production as a result of COVID 19 to respond to emerging needs.
You must use the application portal to submit a project for consideration. You will be required to set up a profile; the application will be available to you inside the profile account. Make sure you keep your user id and password safe.
Please be patient, as we anticipate a high volume of applications. Please fill out your application thoroughly and completely the first time, to minimize delays in your application.
Our Program Coordinator will be in touch with you once your application has been received.
To apply for the AIME Global program please click this link to navigate to our Online Application Portal: